The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Supernatural Happens

I am here to tell you that after three months of consistent family altars with my children each day that we cannot do without it. It is mandatory for me, my husband and my boys to have this time in the morning.

God has consistently rewarded and encouraged my efforts to be faithful in this. I see changes. When I stop and look at my life and the lives of my husband and my children, there are definite changes. My boys love for us to pray for them. It is an amazing thing to instill the love of going before the Lord for protection, blessing and needs, to find ways to be grateful and to praise God for the things he is and how he blesses. It becomes evident that it is a necessity...not just a luxury.

There is no way to explain how I manage to get them up at 6:00am, and getting dressed, breakfast, chores done and our time with God - and out of the house by 6:50am. It is supernatural and has become a necessity for us.

I have heard this over and over again and I feel that it is definitely the hand of God on us when we bring our needs to him, ask him to direct and bless our activities that day and proceed to accomplish whatever it is that is set before us...even when interrupted - we are accomplishing the will of God. It is exciting. It is assuring and it is fulfilling. Our God loves us and wants us to succeed at what we do....

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

1 Chronicles 22:13 Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the LORD gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged.

The thing to remember is that it is our hearts that are changed. Not necessarily the circumstances. When we pray that God will help us each day and when we are in the Word - seeking the wisdom that is found there - we have the tools to accomplish whatever the Lords will is. It cannot be our will that we seek - but his. And his will for our lives is infinitely better than anything we can plan for ourselves. And when I do not seek him I cannot find my focus and things are not right. I believe this is as much about my mindset as anything. It is not that God refuses to bless because he has blessed my efforts in spite of me and my unfaithfulness - but the things I do are not as joyful...there is less purpose and I seem to stumble on my own sins much more without seeking him in what I do.

When you are planning your day, make sure that you bring it all before the Lord. Ask him to bless what you do and to allow you to be satisfied with what you get done and what you don't get done. Be thankful for the interruptions that happen - they are sometimes God's way of revealing his direction for you.

I feel that I do see the supernatural hand of God in my life when I do this. To be honest I am coming to see that I cannot live on this earth without him. He is my strength. He is my reason for being here. There is no other way I can survive without the grace and love of my heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!