The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Planning - Getting Ready for the Holidays


As I said, it is almost time. I have added a new link that has some great tips on getting your home organized as well as getting ready for the holidays (on the right, down the page - Organized Home - you'll like it). If you are like me, you can use as much help as possible.

I am having a garage sell in early November to make a little money to help with Christmas. So I am in the process of getting all of that organized and in order. I am having to really cheer myself on though. I get bogged pretty quickly. My intentions are good. I just seem to get overwhelmed with all of my "great ideas".

I am sorting. I have my quilting stuff in a bag ready to go with me wherever. Or if I get the munchies...I grab my bag and start sewing. This is actually quite a good outlet for me. Now I just have to find a way to make exercising something I want to do. Music helps...but not that much! I would appreciate any ideas you have that will help me.

So - basically, I am in the midst of coming up with a plan. I am also prepping the kids. Making sure they remember what the meaning of each holiday is and how we prepare and what we are planning for each. This seems to help them form right expectations. That is a big thing in my book. I have found the reason for disappointment with them is my failure to prepare them well.

I am about to go sit and read to my G-baby. My big boys are at Scouts this morning and I want some cuddle time with my baby - who assures me he is no baby - he is in kindergarten. OH - is squeezed my heart. Just another reality of life though. Must use this time to my advantage!

God bless whatever plans you have today. I hope you all have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!