The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Blogging is scary

Okay, so last night I am out with my girlfriends. We are having a little porch party - enjoying fajitas and margaritas and talking about where life has us and how we are dealing with it. And we start talking about what we watch on TV. I inadvertantly dropped the embarrassing information that I quite enjoy taking in Jimmy Neutron occasionally. I am thinking that went over like a pregnant pole vaulter. For some strange reason no one found it funny. I will not defend my choice in tv viewing - sometimes there are no good explanations for what entertains us.

But the conversation eventually came around to Seinfeld. I love Seinfeld. The problem is - if I go down in my blog to my personal state of the union address...I nail myself to the wall on what I should and should not be watching. I personally believe that Seinfeld is hysterical. It truly makes me laugh. And without getting too deep here...I just wanted to venture to say...what we write we should try to live by - I am pretty sure anyway. I do not want to be just a wind bag that blows a lot of hot air. I want what I say to be worth something. SO - that being said should my penchant for Grey's Anatomy (highly immoral behavior) and Seinfeld (again immoral, shallow..etc.) be nipped? Do I investigate further what I think God would have me do? Am I convicted by my friends, by my own blogging or is scripture the basis for my conviction about my torn desire to be more like my Father in Heaven and to enjoy these shows that entertain me so much? And I do not want my claim to investigating the issue to be a way to put off doing what I should do - I want to act on my convictions - to be strong and courageous in acting on what I say I believe...but it's so hard (said in my best whiny voice).

So - I am on a journey to determine how I make my decisions on what to watch - for me personally - not for you. Because I do believe that freedom in Christ enables us to live by our convictions...but now that I have said it - I can either delete what I said earlier...I can recant and say I was just on my high horse...or I can actually search where God would have me and live by it.

Maybe I should rethink this whole blogging business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!