The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

SNOW Fell on Alabama





Oh my goodness! Can you believe it? A snowy day...in North Shelby County! Unbelievable! My heart has been so happy as I watched the boys and the dogs and the cat root around and throw snowballs and slide down the hill. So much fun! But so cold! We Southerners do not have the clothes to handle this slushy stuff we fondly call snow. We were "soak and wet" and cold to the bone. We all had to come in have hot showers and get dry.

Andy made cookies and hot chocolate and started the warmest fire I have ever felt in this house and soon we were all warm and cozy. I will say when we walked in the door from outside it was an amazingly comforting thing to smell that wonderful chocolate chip cookie smell. And all the better for someone else making them!

My sweet boys have said over and over, "This is exactly what we prayed for!" I am so glad they could see this answered prayer! The only thing that I think I was down about at all is the fact that it happened on a Saturday instead of a school day and they didn't get to miss school for the snow day- because we all know that is part of the fun! Oh well....we are still thrilled....




1 comment:

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!