The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Feel Sick....





Do you know the feeling? It is not any one thing...it is many things converging to make things seem - well - just wrong. I struggle with each little thing and have to seek diligently to find comfort in the midst of so many disturbing issues surrounding me. I am sure you feel that way sometimes.

I know many of you know Rick Burgess from the Rick and Bubba Show and have heard about what happened to his little boy. The two year old wandered away and drown in their pool. It is heartbreaking and disturbing to everyone who hears it. My heart and my prayers have been going out to him and Sherri. Makes me think about mine and it almost paralyzes me with fear for my own children.

I heard about the stock-market today and it was yet another weight. And the election...there's something else...distressing to say the least. And I have a child that is just like me and this worries me too. I see it more and more every day and my prayer has been that they would not struggle like I did with some things...and he is. And it burdens my heart. And my new venture...my website and business and the success or failure of it - it makes me nervous as well. Lately there are so many things that seem to be weighing me down...it is hard to keep my head above water.

Well...I am doing what I always try to do. I get my Bible and start searching for words of comfort.

Matthew 6:24-26 (New International Version)
24Do Not Worry 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

That is pretty plain and to the point. I do believe it really is a matter of believing that what Jesus says is true and waiting until it is assuaged. Sometimes I think I get this way just so He can pull me close.

John 16:33
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

My comfort comes from the fact that I know that Jesus has overcome the world already. And that I can trust in THIS moment that his grace will sustain me. Just like I can trust for the NEXT moment that his grace will sustain me - and so on and so on. I believe that is how Rick and Sherri are making it. I believe that is how anyone who is a believer is going to make it through difficult times...one precious moment at a time - trusting for God's grace.

So I am casting off those cares the best I can and reminding myself of all of these things - so that I do not bog down and start eating or watching TV so that I will quit thinking about them. That is my tendency and I cannot let it happen. It is a fight. And it is a sin so I must do my best not to fall to the temptation of worry.

I teach 5 year old Sunday School at my church and we were talking about Jesus being tempted in the desert and how he overcame Satan's temptations with scripture. One of my girls asked if Satan was dead. We had to tell her no but that he would be destroyed when Jesus came back for us. Her little eyes watered as she looked at me and she said, "I hope he comes back soon". So do I sweety! So do I!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!