The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Monday, January 28, 2008

As Mama's - This is where the rubber meets the road....


I took time to listen to the memorial for Bronner Burgess again. It was incredibly convicting. As Moms and Dads we worry about the physical things every day. How are we going to put these children through school? How are we going to give them the best? How are we going to make sure they succeed? Well...these are not the most important things....we forget that.


Please listen to these links I post for the Memorial by Rick if you haven't already. It is an amazing thing to listen to. It makes the things of this world seem small and insignificant.




AFATHERSHEART - part 2


AFATHERSHEART - part 3


I am thankful...so very thankful that God is seperating my heart from this life. I pray that I do become more and more Heavenly minded. And that I teach my kids to do the same thing. And that I do not move toward love of the things of this world...but further away. This is hard for me...I have such a love of such stuff. I love such insignificant and worldly things...and it is sickening to me. This is progress. This is what I have prayed for. I pray that I continue this route and that I continue to see my love of God growing and my earthly passions fading...Please Lord, let it be so. And more importantly, let my children see it in me (help me Lord!) and learn it as well.


Rick said in Bronner's Memorial that he didn't want to be here [earth] anymore. I can understand this. I feel this as well. There really is nothing that would be better for me than to know that I and my loved ones were in the physical presence of our Heavenly Father.


Pray for the Burgess's - I am praying God continues to give them strength - that they will not weary or become disillusioned. What they are dealing with has got to be the most difficult thing. And there is going to be serious spiritual warfare. And it is so public...it has to be trying.
When we see these things, it truly does cause us to look up and keep our eyes focused on the important things...

There is work to be done...let's get about our Father's business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!