The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pinwheels


So my next fun project has been pinwheels. I made puppets and pinwheels for all of my friends babies for the twins first birthday party. I don't know why. I just did. They were actually pretty cute. It was a lot of fun - but of course the twinks didn't remember it at all. I have determined that those 1 year old birthday parties are for the parents...I used longer dowel rods which worked better than these pinwheels I make from pencils...but I like the idea of being able to use the pencil once your tired of the pinwheel. If you make your square smaller - it will be fine. You will need: Scissors, Construction paper (oragami paper works too and has pretty designs) Markers, Pencil (brand new not sharpened) Straight pins, beads, needle nose plyers/wire cutters.

 Cut a square



Cut Diagonal from each corner to about 2 inches from the middle

Decorate the edges - It can just be simple...


 Take one corner and bring it up to the middle for all four sections...
Secure in the middle with a straight pin...
 Put a bead for a spacer on the backside of the pinwheel...
Stick the pin through the eraser part of the pencil. Then you will want to take your needle nose plyers/wire cutters, and clip that end off - make sure you leave plenty of room for the pinwheel to be able to go around...just clip off the sharp point (IMPORTANT: do this inside a box so that the end won't flip into the air and onto the floor so that you can't find it and then finally do - at a later date - in a bare foot )

And there you have your happy, little pinwheel! Easy to do and a lot of fun! And REALLY cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!