The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spiritual Boot Camp...

The fact is - this life keeps delivering trouble as promised. My first reaction - EVERY time - is defeat...I have to take time to size up all of the hooey happenings and then I react in faith.

I hate to say it - but maybe God has got me in boot camp. Maybe he keeps giving me chances to react correctly FIRST and I keep missing the mark. So he brings around the opportunity again. To be honest - I want my first reaction to be wonder. Wonder at what God is doing that will bring the next blessing.

This is how I wish it had happened yesterday:

Man from car place: "Mrs. Smith?"

Me: "Yes?"

Man from the car place: "Your car is going to cost $2000 to repair and we don't think we can find the parts for it since Oldsmobile is no longer in business."

Me: Awesome! No problem...I will come pick it up first thing in the morning and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next! God is going to use this in some way - what an adventure!"

But no, I had the quivery voice and the what are we going to do thing wailing in my head.

We are not going to do anything. God is though.

So - my prayer for the next thing is - Please Lord - let me react in faith, in expectation of a work you are doing whether physically, spiritually - mentally - whatever. I want to be ready for whatever - good or bad - by proving my faith is sound in God's ability to bring me through any situation.

Proverbs 24:16 
16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

I will not be one of the wicked that falls when bad things happen.

But I will -

James 1:
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Lord give me presence of mind and strengthen me through your HolySpirit to do this and do it well.

3 comments:

  1. Missy.....so sorry about your vehicle....I can relate somewhat anyways. My truck needs a new heater core, and it's something that I can't do in my driveway. The mechanic I take it to told me it would be at least $500, since to get to it they have to take the entire dash off. God ALWAYS has a way of working things out. We don't always see HIS plan, but it's still there none the less. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jesse - it's just a car. :) It'll all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Missy,
    Just wanted to let you know that I am up to around $16 from Google Adsense. You should check it out. Free to sign up. Also, try looking up and adding "Google Analytics" to your site. It is just a unique interesting tool that lets you see where people are viewing your blog from. You can click on the map down to each individual city. Plus it will tell you the what kind of device people are reading your blog from and the operating system. Have you read anymore of my blog? I saw on my google analytics report there was someone in Pelham, AL that viewed and couldn't remember exactly where you guys lived now. Hope the car issue is working out. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!