The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Blessed Vessel (changed the name :-) )

I dug in deep yesterday. I cleaned out and moved and vacuumed behind - it was a thing of - frankly - disgust. This house was dirty. After a year and a half of surface cleaning you can only imagine how bad it was. In my cleaning though, there were some things that just wouldn't scrub off.


 The dents in the wall that was strangely shaped like a ball. The nicks and scrapes from our many games of "hall ball" - not to mention the broken glass in the framed pitcures on the wall. Scratches were in the floor from our many tries with heelies in the kitchen.



This house was a mess. It was in need of major care.


In my frustration the thought kept occuring to me, "What does it matter? If I fixed it, it would just happen again.


And in the midst of my frustration, it suddenly occured to me that we actually LIVE in this house.

We play HARD. We laugh, we live - we fulfill God's purpose with joy. Or - at least - we are learning to.

It changes the way I see this house. It is a blessed vessel to shelter us while we fulfill God's design for us while we are passing through this short, precious, time here on earth.

Time to quit worrying over the things that do not matter and start working on the things that will count for eternity.



I love this house - with all of it's boo boos and  messes. It is God's provision for us. How very blessed we are with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!