The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh the Possibilities...

This week has been wonderful. I accomplished so much that I wanted to and I have seen God's provision in so many areas of our life.

I have taken a tiny step toward self employment. I bought furniture. I found amazingly, good boned furniture at the thrift store this week. Beautiful stuff. Or it will be. My first finds were end tables (2), a nice chair that I will refinish and do a slip cover for and a rattan table. The truly thrilling thing about it is that they are in great shape. Just a little hard work and they will be re-purposed.

I have researched techniques and tools of the trade. I even set up a spreadsheet to show my expenses and projected my actual profits. So many new things that just seem to feed the desire to create and learn.

I love the feeling of the possibilities. What they are now and what they could be. I love that I am going to give it a shot. It is revitalizing. Everyone should be able to wake up and feel that way.

The possibilities are endless.

I am starting to think that if someone is waking up in the morning and consistently feeling like there is no future in whatever it is they are doing, they need to rethink it. It may be a sign that they are not reaching far enough - not fulfilling their true potential.

I am not saying it is a good idea for anyone to quit their job before they have another one. I think one should always do their best to be wise in their pursuits.

To be honest, I don't know how my little venture is going to turn out. I am not even sure that I will be able to sell these pieces. But I love the fact that there is a possibility of doing it and doing it well. I love that I have control over being available to my kids and being home with them. I love that I feel good again. It has been life changing for me. These things are definitely lined up with what I think God desires for me and my family.

The bottom line is, there are endless possibilities. Nothing is impossible with God. If we believe that, then we act on it. We live like it's true. We trust that the future is in the his hands...being faithful with the gifts, the talents, the resources he has given by using them well is being obedient to God's calling. It is a guaranteed return of contentment and satisfaction in knowing you went the distance. Nothing ventured - nothing gained - and all that. ( smiling )

Once again - I say it so often these days - it's exciting.

I am posting the parable of the bags of gold from Matthew 25

The Parable of the Bags of Gold

Matthew 25


14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!