The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Inspiration

I am thoroughly uninspired. I mean - I look at my house, my job, my kids, my husband - my life - and I am just - done.

With baseball season and then the Music Extravaganza (end of the year music program at school) and then the stomach flu (yuck) - Room Mom stuff, Team Mom stuff, and countless other easy things that should not be that hard to do....I can truly say that I am to that point that I am throwing up my hands. I quit. And I really have.

Of course I just said last week that I decided to be grateful for being re-engaged. But - this happens - to me - every time. My re-engag-ed-ness kind of overtakes me.

I take on too much. It is not always of my doing. I get most of my jobs from there being absolutely no volunteers and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This year, the teacher catches me in the hall and asks me TO MY FACE - who can say no to that?

I guess my question is - how do you keep this from happening?

At this moment I have a husband that is put out with me (he would never SAY he is - but you can tell - and he has a right to be)

I don't think I can fix any of it. And I can't find the gumption to want to. It is a massive mess.

But thankfully - I don't have to. I will hug and kiss my husband and I will tell him I am sorry for this messy house and my uninspired housekeeping. And I will go to bed.

When I lay my head on my pillow, I will ask God to give me good sleep and to help me break down the mess that is my life right now into small easily accomplished pieces.

It will happen.

I Thessalonians 1:
2 We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 3 We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.


I have an example set before me in others. Here I read about the Thessalonians. Their labor was prompted by love and INSPIRED by HOPE in the LORD.

My hope is in the Lord. This mess will get cleaned up. My inspiration does not come from myself. It cannot. I do not have it. I cannot make myself do what I ought some days...but it will be accomplished.

But I don't have to worry about it.

My eyes water and my heart is full when I read:

Isaiah 40:30-31

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


Therein lies my inspiration.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!