The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Stand

The fact is, I have learned you cannot convince anyone of anything that God has not prepared their heart for. I can share my thoughts about something, I can be my most persuasive and clearly concise...and yet - if someone does not choose to believe he/she will not. I can live my life to the best of my ability and this must be my testimony regarding my belief. This is my best and only chance to show others the goodness of God.

I am a fallen, incomplete, fallible person. My desires are pointedly worldly. And yet there is something that I cannot explain that continues to draw my gaze, my heart, my mind to God. People cannot comfort me fully. Things cannot satisfy me - but the Word of God....the Bible and it's wonderful words satisfy a part of me that I cannot explain. When I hear Psalm 46 - God is my refuge and strength and ever present help in trouble -- therefore I will not fear - though the earth give way - and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea....I am grounded...the world is no longer scary and unsure, because I know that God is the one who controls it. My mind is stilled and my hope is renewed and hope does not disappoint because -

Romans 5:3-5

3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Whatever I go through - whether it be happy and wonderful - or so very difficult - I gain strength from my surety of what God has placed in my heart. But - this is not something I can MAKE someone else understand. And I will not judge others for their unbelief....or their doubt of what I hold tightly to. If they want to believe they can...if they do not - then my job is no less than to love them as they are - for that is how God loves me. My example is to do the same. And I will do so, to the best of my ability, and the strength that God gives me. This is my only tool to reach them for Christ. But my words and my actions must make sense together.

I know this makes me a mark for others who do not believe. I know that I will receive criticism, and hurtful words - especially this day and age. This is not the world I grew up in. It has become cold and callous to the wisdom of God's Word. But if I do not stand firm in what I believe - if I do not live by my words, then I am nothing but a front and that Word is not in me and I do not want to be there. This is important for my husband, my kids and those who I want to reach for Christ. I want my words to be backed up by how I live my life. I want others to know that I screw up...but each time I do I will get up and try again...because I am not perfect. But each time I get up - I will be stronger and better for my screw up. But I cannot help who I am - there is something in me that will not let me go. My faith - is strong, thanks be to God.

If someone is willing and ready to accept the Word of God they will. If they are not then they are not. It does them no good for me to come in and condemn them for what they do not believe. Will that gain anything? But by patience and kindness I pray that my words and life will draw them to an understanding of the love of Christ. And this would be a supernatural thing. Because anyone who got a peek at what my life was really like would not desire to be like me. But because of God's goodness and mercy - I can be better and stronger and more like him. This is my hope to make sense in this world that is so wrong.

1Corinthians 1:26-31

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

May Jesus Christ be praised through me and in spite of me.

2 Timothy 2:20-22
20In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.


It is my prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!