The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Monday, December 29, 2008

I Had a Bad Day

Of course it stands to reason that I would have a day that had the pit in it after bragging about how well I have done. I fell into it and it took me some time to climb out of - I am only just doing so, quite honestly.



This pit took me unawares - it was a booby trap (trying to get passed this word quickly since my twin 8 year old boys think the word booby is awesome - such boys) placed by Satan in my extreme weariness I was not vigilant and allowed myself to fall headlong into it. I followed trails that were starting to grow up and went places that I had no business going in my mind.



One of the things that was shared with me recently by two faithful friends, and has stuck with me is there are places in our minds we feel are safe. We wear paths as we continue to these places over and over again - the place I have in mine is a dangerous place. It is a sin to go there and I allowed myself to once again follow that beaten path. It is a dark place where I feel sheltered and it gives me some control over things that I cannot control in my own life at times. Going there gives me an out so to speak...but it is not God's solution to my problems. I must be more vigilant to guard my heart and mind.

Philippians 4:6-8
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.


This scripture is an unbelievable safe guard. It covers ground that I have not been vigilant in keeping.

Prayer and petition to guard my heart and mind is important. It is something I forget to pray - especially in the good times. I only seem to remember when things go haywire that I need to be vigilant in coming before my Father for protection. And it says that if I do so with thanksgiving that the peace of God will guard my heart and mind.

Also keeping my thoughts captive - thinking on the good things...counting my blessings, recalling my scripture - these things will help keep my thoughts where they should be. But I must be more proactive in praying for protection. I must also do it for my husband and children as well.

This is a hard time we live in. It is easy to become enmired in this world's troubles...but we are promised that this will be so...but we are also promised that God has overcome it already. This is a good thing to remember.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

ahhhhhh....so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!