The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Importance of Prayer

I am so convicted. I have found myself under a lot of pressure this week. I probably have taken on more than I like to. As I have said many times I am definitely not a "Soccer Mom". Running here there and yonder is not my thing. I never sign up to be room mom and I prefer doing one activity a season. It seems best for my family since I am not good at juggling.

I have had a glich though. Several things have come up this season. Fall Ball...which is normal, the boys begged to start Cub Scouts which is fine, and they are also in communicants class (for church). Then there is more homework this year at school and I got tagged as room mom. It was not my idea. I had said emphatically that I did not want to do that but I would be glad to help whoever did. Well, they got moved to a new class and I was the only one that voiced an interest in helping. It didn't hurt that sweet Mrs. Burritt voiced it as, "this is not going to be good news for you," so that I was sure G-baby had been doing something horrible - I was relieved when she told me the other mom was no longer able to be room mom and accepted readily. Now I am a bit sorry. So, thus the pressure.

So I woke up this morning feeling that panicky feeling that things were pressing on me and I was not going to be able to do it. I knew I had to pray - I needed help. And I received it. I prayed - I I prayed for my boys, for my husband and his job, for myself and the things that are on my plate plus needing to get a job.

How blessed that I do not have to do this job alone. That as a mom I have the help, the support and the wisdom I need at any given time...from my Heavenly Father. I was relieved of my anxiety. I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me...Philippians 4:13 - what a comforting scripture that is.

And prayer is our life line. It is our connection to the strength God promises us. That and scripture will see us through. Our children need it, our husbands need it and we need it.

Ephesians 6:17-18
17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that if you all have a comment or want to discuss you will feel free to here. Would love to get your points of view and your experiences with someone who helped you, or that you helped and scripture that encouraged you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!