The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Fast and Furious - Slow and Easy...

I think part of my problem is when things go fast I spend all my energies on keeping up and tend to fail in important areas. I skimp on my T.A.W.G. (Time alone with God) and I don't eat well. I just do better when I slow down. 

The thing I have learned over the last month is that I do have to manage
my time well when I am cooking Paleo. But I have enjoyed the process of thoughtful eating. I love the chopping and creative replacement that eating Paleo brings. It is a slower and a nice reflective
time for me as I gather the ingredients and chop the vegetables. I know this is hard when you have little ones. Impossible even.  

I read a book by Claire Cloninger over 20 years ago called, A Place Called Simplicity. It was something I longed for even then. Living simply. It is actually something you have to work at. It is a wonderfully inspiring read. 

And the fact is there are seasons of simplicity. One of those seasons for me was when the boys were babies...I said no a lot - just because it was harder to do things with two babies. But it slowed time down and my memories are of a unhurried and wonderfully simple time enjoying those baby boys. 

There are things you have to learn to say no to in order to simplify. And "no" is a hard thing for a people pleaser. But it gets easier the more you do it. I think coming to a place where you realize you can't do everything is a good starting place. Realizing you can't please everyone is the next step. Understanding that folks are more gracious than we give them credit for also makes the process of simplifying easier. Dumping the guilt of choosing carefully and denying help at school, at church, or wherever is also a must. 

I am not saying drop out of life. Help where you are led but don't be afraid to step back when your dance card is full. And of course there are seasons where no matter how intentional you are you are meeting yourself coming and going. That happens. Can't always be controlled. But it is also why you want to be nutritionally sound and grounded in the Word And prayer. 

Regardless of how you choose to live, fast and furious or slow and easy, you must see to your spiritual, mental and physical health to be the best you can be. 

God bless and keep you on your journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!