The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Safe Haven

So...a couple of weeks ago, I was laying on the couch because I was sick. The boys were in school, my husband was at work and I was taking advantage of it by resting. I had the phone next to me and it rang and I picked it up and said, "Hello". No one answered...but I could hear someone - so I said..."HELLOOOO" again. Then I said..." I can hear you" and he answered back. This man told me he had followed me home and wanted to meet me. Of course I sputtered out that I was having the call traced and calling the police, and he hung up.

I did call the police, I did TRY to have the call traced to no avail. The police told me they would patrol the neighborhood. They said to keep my cell phone with me at all times and to be aware of who was behind me and around me even when I was driving. I should not let the kids wander about on their own but there was nothing more they could do to find this person since the number could not be traced.

Let me just say that the shows on TV have totally portrayed the wrong thing. Believe it or not, not every call can be traced. Apparently if the persons phone company allows them to block information about themselves then it will not be revealed to your phone company. This is shocking to me...but it is what it is. I will have to live without knowing who this fellow is.

My world was rocked for a few days. I felt exposed and incredibly scared. I was worried about who, why and how. There was no safe place. Until I came upon the Word of God...it is the Word that I have claimed in my times of fear before as well...but it is amazing the power it has to still my racing mind and give me peace:

Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.
10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

My God is an awesome God - in his hands I place my life and all that happens to it. My trust on Him is stayed.

I will be vigilant. I will keep my eyes open. But I will not be scared. I will not allow fear to rule my life.

1 Peter 3:
13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

I am indeed, blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!