The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Did It Right - and yet....

I have been faithful in my devotions with my children. I have continued in the good fight and if you remember not too long ago I was ecstatic at how God meets me supernaturally in those places. There are times it seems impossible that I will get done what I need to, and yet, I do. There is no doubt that God does allow the supernatural to happen in our lives...and yet - there are those days.

Yes, those days where I do it all right, at least I think I am, and it all falls to pieces. My little bubble of contentment manages to pop and I land right on my tookus, a little surprised at how I got there.

There are two conclusions I have come to about those days. I am not really depending on the Lord and in my pride have been tripped for my own good so that I will look up, or I really am doing it right and am in the middle of spiritual warfare.

Either way - I can be encouraged.

James 1:2, 3
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

1 Timothy 1:18, 19
18Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.

John 16:33
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The three scriptures I have given above give me clear and concise reasons for my struggle.
1. trials bring perseverance
2. We have been given instruction so that we can fight the good fight
3. We do not have to be discouraged in the midst of our struggles. God has overcome the world.

These things bring hope! They make it easier to get up and do it again the next day - to not lose heart, to not weary in well doing!

Enjoy those days that you see the supernatural hand of God in your life and the excitement and joy it brings but do not let it bottom you out when the struggles come. Remember that they are for your good regardless of whether you mis-stepped or you are in the midst of a spiritual battle.

Praise God for it and hitch up your britches! Move on sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!