The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I hope it snows...in spite of my being prepared.


It's really cold outside right now....REALLY COLD. This is the south and we are not used to it. It's 19 degrees F outside. That is COLD. REALLY COLD.

So, I was watching the news and they are predicting POSSIBLE snow showers Thursday. You know you are way south when they predict snow on Thursday and you run by the store on Sunday and they are out of milk and bread. For Pete's sake.

Anyway - while I was there I went ahead and got a few batteries and what was left of the milk and bread. So in doing so I have probably hexed the snow on Thursday. For this my fellow southerners...I am truly sorry.

I don't really believe in Murphy's Law. But it has happened enough, that I generally seem to give it a nod every time I am in a quandary.

Thankfully the Lord has also seen to giving me a nudge where my dependence should be.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Thank goodness Murphy's Law is not really something I have to contend with.

But man, I sure do hope it snows on Thursday. Even though I went ahead and went to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!