The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You can have Church anywhere!

This past week I had nothing on the books. No sub jobs. Not a single one. I have had my weeks full long before the day actually gets here so this was perplexing to me. But I did not worry for some strange reason. Not at all like me - but praise God for change! Anyway - before Monday got here I had a call from someone who needed me at the High School and then another from a friend who works at a trade show downtown called Christmas Village.

Christmas Village is an amazing show where artists and crafters gather to sell their wares each year before Christmas. It is vast and amazing what you can find. People are so talented! I worked Cotton Tails which is a smaller version of the same thing put on in the Spring. So I met a couple of sweet folks last year and was thrilled when some other folks called me to help out this year. It just so happened that it was in the middle of my non-scheduled work week! So I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of that week as well as Sunday.

I worked two different venues and loved each one. The one I worked with for a few days was an artist from Georgia. Her name is Pam Coxwell. http://fromtheheartart.com/catalog/. Here is her link so you can see the inspirational and lovely prints and things she has to offer. Pam and her husband Terry, have an amazing entourage they bring with them to help out. Not only did my heart immediately find kindred spirits, but I had work. It was a joy to be there. It didn't feel like work at all - until I got home and had to soak my feet - which is a typical issue when you work those trade shows!

One day while I was eating lunch I had the privilege of sitting with Peggy. Peggy went to church with Pam and Terri and is a beautiful lady that is a joy to be around. I was amazed at how easy our lunch together was (I can be awkward at times - go figure) but I loved hearing what she had to say. She shared her story which was heartwrenching, but such an encouragement. How God used her past to encourage and comfort me - right where I was that day -  was a wonderful thing to be a part of. I left lunch feeling like I had just been to Church. I was uplifted and encouraged and full of joy that God provided such a huge encouragement in the middle of my day. I got two hugs from her when I left that day. One from her and one from our heavenly Father. For she and those I worked with that week were truly part of the family of God. I love seeing God's Word in action.

1 Thessalonians 4:9-11

9 Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 10 And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you.

I love this verse...not only for it's implication of extending our love of the family of God as far as we can...but also for the practical no nonsense advice at the end. Mind your own business and keep busy. I need to hear those words! Over and over again... 

I just wanted to share my blessings from last week....hope you find church in unexpected places as well. (smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!