The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Into the glorious unknown...

Many of you know that I quit my job. About five weeks ago I decided that my life was not what God intended. There is no way I could accomplish what they were asking me to at my job and do it well. There was not enough pay to pay someone to do what I wanted to be doing in my own home. Why in the world would I be trying to pay someone to take care of my household when it was what I longed to do? That scenario of the working mom was not for me. My heart longed to be home. I am pretty sure my friends at work knew it as well.

So - I turned in my notice. Without another job to go to. My poor, sweet husband.

But what gripped me, instead of fear, was joy. Joy that I was home, joy that I got to take my kids to school again, that I would be home with them at the end of the day. There are things I have longed to do. My writing, my art, my music - now I could actually accomplish some of these things.

What if I could accomplish these things and make money? What an adventure that would be. And the thought my pastor planted in my head keeps going round and round. We do not trust God to step out and do something great for him.

So I have been brainstorming. Friends have e-mailed me and wonderful talks over delicious lunches have occured. There are many things that could work. Many things that may be able to provide the additional income as well as fulfill my talents and abilities. It is such an adventure!

Through it all, I keep thinking about a Stephen Curtis Chapman song called The Great Adventure. It is now my theme song.

So - saddle up your horses, folks.
This is the great adventure. I cannot wait to see what lies in the glorious unknown. Trusting God to lead me there.
I am looking forward to sharing it with you as it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!