The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Work is a Blessing

I know I complain about work. Too much of it, it is too hard, I don't feel like doing it, it seems useless - I could go on. But when it comes down to it, it is a good thing. God has ordained work. Back in the garden of Eden it was God's intention for Adam and Eve to care for the garden. The difference being, it would be fun...there weren't the hard things that made it become drudgery - thorns, weeds etc. When sin came into the world is when our attitude toward worked changed.



Work is necessary. And to be honest, it is a blessing. I love my house looking clean and smelling clean. There is nothing so satisfying as looking around and being happy with what I have accomplished. My problem is - there are so many other things that have to be done as well. So I start getting frustrated when what I just did gets undone. UGH...it can really make me cranky (understatement of the year).



But it is good to remember that God created us to be creative and to work with our hands.





1 Thessalonians 4:11

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!