The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Coming




I know - you probably don't want to go there right now...but it's coming. The Holidays. That's right. All the parties. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. All the work. All the presents. Yep...it is a busy time.

I am trying to get a picture. I did not send out my cards last year. Or my letter. It was too hard. It was a relief in some ways to let it go. But I missed it too. It is the one time of year I can let people know what is going on - in mass....and hope they do the same.



We are thinking presents and how can we help one another enjoy this season more without adding to the already busy-ness of it. I am going to try to post how it is going. Planning the picture now for the card. I think I am going to suggest drawing names for everyone as well. We have everything we need. I want the kids to enjoy the season but I also want the focus to remain on God and his great gift. The greatest gift.

And then there is Halloween....but even that - I need to plan. I love this time of year...but I am thinking that planning a little now may make it a better season. More enjoyable. More focused on the right things. Less about the frivolous.





I'll let you know how I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!