The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Friday, October 17, 2008

I Just Got a Look at Myself

Well, I was brushing my teeth just a little while ago. And for some reason I had my reading glasses on. I need my reading glasses these days more often than not. Holey Moley. I am scarey looking with glasses on. I mean I could see every pore and every freckle, every line and every wrinkle. Yikes!

When I don't have my glasses on my skin looks so smooth and well...I am quite satisfied with it. But I can't really SEE. When I have my glasses on, I want to fix it. It is not as nice as I thought it was. Because I CAN see.

This can be so easily translated to what I have been talking about lately. God has been making me so aware of my need of him. I am constantly reminded of my weakness and his strength. Of my incompleteness and his wholeness. And he is the only way that I can be made whole.

The Word is my set of reading glasses. It allows me to see who I am before the Lord and it convicts and causes me to want to be whole. To strive to be closer and more like Jesus.

James 1:3-5
3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I desire to be mature and complete. I will continue to view myself in light of God's Word and to ask him for strength and wisdom. It is the only way I will attain what Christ has set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!