The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scarlett O'Hara-itis

I have it. There is not a day that goes by that I don't say at some time during the day..."I can't think about that right now, I will take care of it tomorrow".

And sometimes - it is a necessity.

But I am chronic. I say it about diets, projects, health issues...so many things.

But I think - with this first day of January - instead of a list of crap I know I won't follow through with, I will do my best to end the procrastination.

There are so many reasons for procrastination. I have three little boys that are busy. A job, housework, social stuff - so many things. I also deal with those lovely fluctuating mood swings that seem to get more drastic the older I get. That is an every day battle. And sometimes I am just stinkin' tired. There are also the times I am doing for others. That has always been my gift and my life just doesn't seem to work well unless I find a way to incorporate that. Although that can be a battle of my will over my laziness as well. That's a whole other story.

So today I am planning on practicing doing what I think is too hard for the moment. I just pray I recognize it each time and act on it. I pray for the awareness to put wings to my ideas, to say "yes" instead of "not today" to eating better, exercising more, whatever it is that seems too much at the time.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!