The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hopelessly Overwhelmed or am I?

Hopelessness - especially these days is easy to fall into. I feel it too...and overwhelmed. I don't know how I make it to the next moment sometimes, much less getting to the next moment well - in a godly manner. With all the kids do and my husband busy at work...finances, my job, wanting to accomplish some of my own personal desires (book) and then there is housework...and (ugh) laundry...I get bogged. I end up doing nothing. I am doing my best not to be there though.

2 Peter 3:13-15
13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. 14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him


This tells me to look forward to a new heaven and a new earth and to keep myself all repented up - here I will find peace.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

2 Thessalonians 1:11

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.

These are good for me today. They make me realize that I have the power to accomplish whatever God sets before me...that's loving my husband well, meeting my children's needs, the laundry and this book - if it is what God would have for me! This certainly dispels the hopelessness. Just on to the next thing with the thought in mind that God has given me the ability to get done what he wills. The rest can wait.

Hard to remember that in the midst of this life - it is just so....daily. But giving in to despair of never accomplishing what I see for myself is overwhelming. So, my best bet is to do the next thing in the light that is given for that moment...then on to the next...this takes intentionality. And intentionality is something we have to practice.

2 Corinthians 4:
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

This is SUCH a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!