The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Strength That Becomes MY Strength

Psalm 59:16-17

16 But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
17 O my Strength, I sing praise to you;

you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

I woke up weak this morning. My mental capacities are depleted, even my bones feel tired. I had no direction...felt blase' about everything. I woke up at 5:16AM. I laid there looking into the blackness and tried to shut off the mind and find that warm fuzzy place that is between waking and sleeping. Couldn't find it.

So, I rolled out of bed and came downstairs. My first thought (unfortunately) was to go and check e-mails. But something within me (my dear Savior's prompting by the Holy Spirit) told me to get my Bible. I thought about my plight. What can this Book offer me to go on this morning?

Strength...I need strength - strength of mind, strength of body, strength of spirit. So in looking up strength, (and there are countless verses about the strength of God) I found several that spoke to my heart.

Psalm 18:31-33

31 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength

and makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;

he enables me to stand on the heights.

Psalm 73:25-26

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

I am exceedingly and abundantly blessed. And what a relief to know that this day does not depend on my strength - because it is insufficient. I am so relieved to know that it is not up to me. The next step I take is in the strength of the Lord and he will bring his will to pass, in spite of me, but more excitingly - through me - with his strength.

I can go wake up my children and trust that I will get done what I need to - for this morning - my eyes are on the Lord and my dependence is on him. What a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!