The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Significance

It seems that we all have a need to be significant. It's been written about and talked about incessantly. I would bet you could look it up on the internet and get some form of significance hits by the thousands. Meaning, worth, significance - IMPORTANCE - we all want to feel like we matter. It is why people seek after power, money, and fame. We want to be remembered.


There are so many levels of this desire. It is just that some are more greedy than others when it comes to wanting to be known- remembered. There are those who long to be known through the ages...sometimes it is for noble purposes...sometimes not so much. But it is still the same desire - to make a mark on this world. There are some who just want to have their legacy live on through their children through what they teach.


But so many live in this world feeling that no one cares. So many lonely, unaccounted for people that live their lives wanting to be significant but not knowing how. They do not know how to make their life meaningful....granted, there are probably those who do NOT care, or they get to the point where they give up on the possibility. But I think for the most part - there is something in everyone that longs to have meaning - they want to be remembered and to feel like they have worth.


I need to be reminded - we all need to be reminded that even if I did not have family and friends and I only had the love of my heavenly Father, I would be fine. Even if I did not feel that my family and friends appreciated me for who I am, for what I do, I know that my heavenly Father looks on me as worthy. Truly useful and important to his kingdom. How do I know this?

Ephesians 1:4-6

4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

We were chosen - then adopted as children...he wanted us. He created us. We are his creation.

Genesis 5:1&2
This is the written account of Adam's line. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them man


He created us in his image even. He provides for us - in every way.

Matthew 6
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life
?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own



1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

He does not want us to fret or worry. We are truly loved!

As a mother and wife, there are certainly days where I feel unappreciated. And there are certainly days where I do not appreciate how blessed I am. But if I can remember that I am a child of God CHOSEN before the creation of the world and that he has promised to take care of me - then I can know where my true significance lies. If I can wake up in the morning and determine in my heart to serve and glorify my Father in whatever I do, then I can make the smallest of efforts mean something important.

This is a wonderful message to share with those around us. We all need to be reminded how very precious we are to God and that we are well loved. It will keep us from feeling sorry for ourselves and hopefully cause us to count ourselves blessed.

And the Word of God gives us this important reminder - there are so many more verses that give us such wonderful encouragement. How blessed is the body of Christ - his Church - is loved and cared for well indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!