The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We have hungry people....

One out of every eight Americans struggles with hunger. It is an astounding number to me. It should not be so. I am encouraged to find the best way to help in my community. To be honest - I doubt that many go hungry in this area...but I could be wrong. I will say the number 35 million causes my jaw to drop. 35 million Americans that are hungry - that's a lot of people. What can I do?

I am on a mission to research. Quite honestly, I am already up to my eyeballs in stuff - but I am re-evaluating. What things can I let go? So many unimportant things I do - so many that I do consider important. I am on my knees asking God to break my heart for these people and to bring me into contact with ways my family and I can help. I do have a link for Feeding America. Kraft Foods is matching every dollar donated. I also included Anderson Coopers Blog on the numbers I quoted above.

I feel the need now more than ever to make time and money count for something beside living well. And by that I mean all the excesses we enjoy - not that there is anything wrong with that - but I would rather scale back now and help who we can while we can...

FILLABOWL

REPORT1 in 8 Americans Went Hungry Last Year

God open our eyes and convict us - draw us to you, lead us to the needy...

Matthew 25:34-36
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!