The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

How Very Blessed

This was a wonderful Christmas. I don't think I have ever been busier. It was packed from the beginning of the season until the day after Christmas. It was fun, it was full of hard, yet amazingly insightful moments. I let go of a lot of things I wanted to do, and I did a lot of things I did not and was blessed by it all. I have enjoyed my children and my husband and feel that God once again blessed abundantly above what we asked or thought.

I am at that point where I am weary but in a good way. It's a happy kind of tired which is very gratifying. It is a deserved tired. I like that. It doesn't happen very often. My tiredness is usually generated from worrying and doing things that I am not suppose to be worrying over or doing. I hope that I find myself being more thoughtful in my choices so that I can be like this more often. I like looking back at this last month and being happy with my choices - even the hard ones.

Proverbs 2

1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom

and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight

and cry aloud for understanding

How appropriate with the New Year approaching to look at Proverbs. I ask the Lord for wisdom to make the right choices. I long to turn my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding. I want insight and will cry to God for it. Everyday. Lord, let it be so.

I know that without the wisdom of God that I will not be happy in the choices I make. And I will lack the strength to see my choices put into action and completed. I want to see more of my visions made into reality- both for myself and my children.

I pray that I will say "No" more often and "Yes" when I should and for the right reasons. I pray that my children will see the choices I make are for their best interest and that I will spend less time on my own indulgences and more time on what will mature me spiritually. That I will desire to come along side my husband in ways that will cause him to long to be what God wants him to be...the same with my children.

I feel blessed to be able to come to this place of longing. I pray that I will never stray from this understanding but if I do that I will always come back to it sooner rather than later...

I pray that it will be so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!