The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Mama's Heart

I have had a bad week. I know - I am a whiner - I complain so much. But I have to tell you even though I have had a pretty crappy week, I am incredibly blessed and I know it.

Let me tell you about it.

My house was a wreck.  I work full time and when given the choice of cleaning house or playing - I am going to play. Well...it does get to a point where it starts affecting me mentally. I get a little cranky. I get overwhelmed and I start nyah nyahing.

Wednesday night I run up to Michael's to get project stuff for the boys and I stop by a friends house to drop off some things. I see the bike in the dark and I clear the bike in the dark going TO the house. Not so much on the way back to the car. I kicked it. I kicked it hard. It hurt so bad I almost peed in my pants and threw up at the same time. I knew - I broke that darn little toe. I went to the doctor the next day and I have an infection as well as a broken toe. I had not been feeling well and I guess that was the reason. It was a blessing I broke my toe I guess. I am on double strength antibiotics now. Well on my way to feeling better.

I am now feeling LOTS of pressure though. I have company coming and my house is a mess and though I know my company would not care, I do not want them to think that my house is the reason I have the infection and fear for their lives (my house is bad - but it is not THAT bad). But the broken toe and the infection is making me feel pretty badly, so - I am freaking a bit.

Of course I call my Mama. I tell her what is going on - pour my heart out to her. But I tell her - and I mean it - that I feel God is just trying to teach me to be hospitable in the midst of everything - to focus on my company and love them well and feed them well and they won't remember that my house is a mess. I mean it too.

The rest of the week is fine. I do a little here, a little there and Friday gets here and I am gearing up and planning my cleaning process. I pull up in my drive way and as I am turning in - I see my front door is open. I start to panic a bit because my husband shouldn't be there yet. Then I see it. The blue Toyota Highlander and know that my mama has come to help me. I open the screen door and call to her and she has all the furniture pulled out and has vacuumed behind everything and is in the process of cleaning my carpets. Bless her. Bless her. Bless her.

This weekend I got more done than I ever would have on my own. AND my husband and I even got to go to the movies and dinner while she watched the kids. My goodness. How blessed am I?

God is good. He has blessed me with a wonderful mother.

My house looks and smells so good.

It just goes to show no matter how old your babies get, you still want to get in there and fix it for them when things get broken. My precious mother. What a kind heart she has! Dear Lord - help me to be as selfless and able when I am 70.

She is amazing.

Thank you Mama.

(I am indeed spoiled)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!