The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Change

I have probably written about change as much as any subject. I personally would love to pick a place and stay there. Physically, spiritually, mentally, however you can stay the same.

BUT that is just silly.

The reason change is so hard is that the future is uncertain. It comes back down to control. I cannot control the events that occur when change presents itself. I don't mind change when things go smoothly and I have a good handle on everything. It is when it is all out of my control and I feel like I am fishtailing down a slippery highway and things are coming at me fast and hard that I am totally freaking out.

BUT whose fault is that?

Matthew 6:33-34(NIV)
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I don't really want to stay the same. That would be boring. Stagnant. I love life and the glimpses of Heaven we get here on Earth. So when the change comes that I don't want and I can't control - there is something I am given that will de-stress every given situation. Focusing on today. On this moment. I cannot worry about tomorrow. There is nothing I can do about tomorrow. But I have everything I need for right now. Remembering that and keeping busy are my best tools to make it through gracefully.

The comfort of waking up in the morning knowing that God will supply all of my needs (Philippians 4: 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.) is often discredited. Not believed. But I can wake up knowing he will.

I am not foolish enough to think that I do not have to work or plan.  (Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.) We do that day by day. That is part of the "keeping busy" (Proverbs 12:14 From the fruit of their lips people are filled with good things, and the work of their hands brings them reward.) Live each day well and rejoice in the unexpected that comes with it, knowing that they are part and parcel of your life.

I am looking forward to the day when the other shoe drops and instead of running around like Henny Penny shouting "the sky is falling!", I simply say - "alrighty then" trusting that it will be okay. Will it be any time soon?

Goodness I hope not. I really would like the other shoe to just hang in there.

But change is inevitable. Wishing it would never happen is not really what I want. My human nature just wants to control it. But that is not going to happen. My first reaction should be to turn my eyes on Jesus!







I love learning. The lessons are so hard. But what comes from them is so freeing!

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (NIV)
16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Now that is beautiful - and something to be longed for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!