The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Relief

Last week was a disaster. The more I tried to "handle" the situation, the worse it got. I gave a nod to God and proceeded to handle the situation as I saw fit.

Yeah...that just did NOT work.

Serious disaster. Horrible week. Longing for heaven. Seriously.

But -

I made a bad situation worse. I SAID that I had my head screwed on, and that God was in control. But apparently my need to feel in control and vindicated for my annoyances...was NOT God's best for me. I ate humble pie. And in large doses.

I am not the point. Never have been, never will be.

So I will go back, I will bow my head and praise God for the blessings I count so numerous in my life. My job included. The people I work with VERY much included and praise God - that he loves me enough to cause me to kneel. To understand that this life is not about me. That my day to day situations make me better. Make me stronger and make me more like my merciful and loving Savior.

I...am not wise. I...am not strong....I am not able to finish anything.

But my God can cause me to be wise. He can give me strength. And He can finish the work he has begun in me.

Whenever I get too cocky, I can guarantee that my own "cleverness" will be my downfall. He is to be exalted in all things and success as I see it is not his end goal for me. When I become mean, and start to elbow my way up...I can guarantee you I will fall on my ass. Thank God He loves me enough to give me the relief I truly long for.

It is not up to me. PRAISE GOD!

He is enough. Not this job. Not this house. Not this salary. My sweetness, my efforts, my continuous struggles...will not suffice.

He - my God - and only He. He is sufficient.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!