The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

My New Venture


For the last year or so I have wanted to start my own company. I am for all intents and purposes a huge fan of cleaning the house in my pajamas. I do it quite well. Although I understand some people do not - for whatever reason it has always served me well. I am a morning person so I can roll out of the bed and start to work almost immediately and once that is done then I can play. Of course that is in a perfect world. Now I have to stop several times to tend to potty issues or make breakfast or fix a lego truck gone awry. But it is all in all a wonderful thing.

I love pajamas. Always have. My best friend Gina, use to buy me pajamas for my birthday every year. Some she would make, some she would buy. But I always looked forward to it. My Mom and my Mother-in-law do as well. I really have a thing for them. All that to say is why I came up with Pajama Mama. T-shirts, pajamas, hats, mom bags all custom made by hand (I am green - very much loving the earth! ;) ) and set up my own domain. I have it - but I have not figured out how to publish it yet. I am working on that. The idea is to have a place where women can come and read and laugh and cry and relate to others about the things that happen to Moms every day.
And to help me stay at home...thus the T-shirts, pajamas, hats and mom bags.

And is there any better way to get out of the house fast than a baseball cap? Nothing better than putting on a cute one of those and getting the kids to the bus or to baseball practice. I also believe strongly in what my sis-in-law calls Mom bags. HUGE bags that can carry water, bandaids, extra sox, antibacterial wipes...McDonald's Happy Meals...whatever a Mom needs to pack to get her and her brood to where they are going. I also love T-shirts. Long sleeve, short sleeve...just something to throw on and where to the park or to the grocery store. Anyway....thus came my idea. I can make these things and sell them and do all the things I so love to do and help my sweet husband out at the same time. I have my pastor to thank for this huge step. His encouragement from the pulpit to act on what we feel God is leading us to do is why I ventured out.

I have such a huge vision for where this little business could go. My first and foremost desire is to help Andy with raising money to send the boys to school one day. But I want it to help ministries and to encourage Moms that are like me and get bogged down. I would also like to see it get big enough to be able to help other stay at home moms help me and to enable them to make money out of the house as well. This could work. And I pray it does....

Introducing.....



coming soon...pajamamama.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!