The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Friday, January 25, 2008

HOLY COW!


I am thrilled - these last few weeks have been full of stepping out by faith for me, in so many things. My new venture, seeing myself for what I am and knowing that God loves me not because of what I am but because I am his. I also have been trying to make things right with those around me...my kids and my husband. These are really big things for me. A great step in the right direction.


It has taken my realizing -again- that my life is not my own but it is Christ's. I have heard Alan, my pastor, saying that we must have courage to step out by faith to do that which we think is impossible for the Kingdom of God. I cannot waste another moment on myself. I must step out by FAITH and do what I think God is calling me to do - no matter how small or HOW BIG.


I encourage you all to go to faith-pca.org click on sermons then on Opportunity, Not Obligation and Power Made Perfect in Weakness. These were instrumental to my hearing that my faith was small and that I was not trusting enough in God's will or my abilities when looking to him to accomplish more for the Kingdom of God. Also another great resource has been lote.org - Chip Ingram's sermon for January 25th is also incredibly encouraging - How to be a Christian Without Being Religious - Why God Uses Some People More Than Others - Part 1 .


These things are great listening. I hope they encourage you to exercise your faith as much they have encouraged me. I feel like I am on the edge of a great adventure. No, not necessarily successful the way I think of success - but if I am trusting in God's abilities to work through me by my faith then it will indeed build the Kingdom of God. This is my heart's desire! This is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!