The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where is my heart?

Here I am again. I just love that I can come here and write what I am thinking. And I guess for some reason knowing someone can read it and get what I am saying is kind of encouraging.

I was just reading and thinking and I found myself worrying about what people thought about me. I did this so I am sure they are going to think this...what can I do to fix it....cause heaven forbid they think I am an idiot, or thoughtless, or any other thing - except perfect. As if that is possible.

I believe that comes from a heart that is selfish. A heart that is thinking of itself only and too concerned with what others think...a form of narcissism. And I am falling into what I am so desiring not to. I am bringing me to the forefront again...forgetting to put Christ first. My hope, my confidence, my all is wrapped up in Him (Proverbs 3:26 ...for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.)...so there is no reason for me to be concerned with what others think. If I am truly seeking to serve them and being who I am in Christ then they must think what they must! Cause sometimes it just is what it is!

So here I am another day...setting off to set it right. Readjusting my stance before the Lord to be what I know He has called me to be. I pray that I will continue this...that He will quicken my mind to know when I am being selfish, and turn my heart back to the task at hand...serving Him in all I say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!