The dailiness of everything, ways to create and cope, help and heal, learn and live!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Dreamer and The Doer

I have a lot more of the dreamer in me. I have these amazing ideas and they always are just there...right before me ever out of reach. I go for them every once in a while but for whatever reason life gets in the way.

That is my fault.

It shouldn't happen that way. I posted this on Facebook 6 years ago:

Pajama Mama is my website. It is a beginning place for so many of my desires. My desire to serve the Lord, to be with my children at home and to help my community and other women like me who just need to find a way to supplement their income so they can do what they love best - take care of their family!

And I never really got anywhere with it.

But over the last few months I have felt a definite prodding to move forward. But I always had an excuse. My excuses ran the gamut: I don't have time, I don't feel good, I am too busy doing for everyone else, I don't have the money. And I allowed myself to become bogged down in the I don'ts and I can'ts and foundered.

I have started almost every January saying the same thing. I have an idea. I am going to see it through. This year I will see God bless this.

But I did not follow through. My faith was weak. And I would lose sight of my dream before the year was halfway through.

This year some interesting things happened.

My two year renewal of Pajamamama.net came around again and they renewed it with some added benefits that they didn't have before. So...I got that without really trying! Ha!

And I had a friend I had previously done contract work with at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama invite me to try something that I was somewhat skeptical about. I am a HORRIBLE sales person. She will tell you that I am not. But - I am. I do not like pressuring people. And even when I am not pressuring people, I feel like I am pressuring people. BUT - the thing is, if I want to be healthy, and I want my family to be healthy, then I am going to live it out. If I care about others - it is much like my faith - I am going to share it. Some way. Some how. It will overflow from the excess of my living it out.

IT WILL OVERFLOW FROM THE EXCESS OF MY LIVING IT OUT.

So...I share my faith. I share how I live. Not to pressure anyone. But to encourage other's who are like me and struggle on a daily basis to live out their convictions. Whatever they may be.

For me, it is to serve God first. To take care of my family and to serve others well. This can only be accomplished when I take care of myself. And I am not talking about excessive pampering. I am talking about reading God's word, praying - talking to God and eating right - exercising. These are the things that help me serve God, family and others best. This will only help my job at school and give me the energy to create and do when I get home.

And I have stepped out further than I ever have before. I have been eating paleo for a month now. I have been exercising daily and I have more energy and my attitude has absolutely changed. I thought I would never quit drinking my Cokes...but I have. It's amazing. I don't even crave it.

Now that is not so much from drinking anything or being on any particular diet, Of course ultimately it is that...but for those who are like me (not very self motivated), it takes more than that. It had more to do with someone who held out a helping hand and encouraged me. Even when I looked past her helping hand, she would stay in touch and ask me how I was doing. Accountability - haven't I talked about that before? Well...it is a good thing. A must for changing one's lifestyle.

I have been using BeachBody products for years, but they never did me any good until I had the accountability. So I now am a BeachBody coach. I love the shakes and I have been dancing. Anyone who knows me well knows I love to dance, So Shaun T has been taking me through the moves every morning with CIZE and it starts my day with a smile. I think you should do what you love. I don't love to exercise...I do love to dance. It really doesn't feel like exercise at all.

But the eating right and moving more is working. My goal now is to encourage other's to do the same thing. I want to help them act on their dreams too.

I think you should do the thing that works. I have tried other things and they did not work for me. What I love about Shakeology is the fact that it combines one meal...with my probiotics, and vitamins. It is a dense nutritional shake.  A yummy one at that. I didn't get this with the other things I tried. It is a much more affordable option to nutrition and weight loss.

I hope you will check in with me every once in a while. This blog will not be all about BeachBody. But I will share occasionally how that is going.

God Bless and Keep YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think and how you deal with things. I am always looking to do things better!